I recently ordered a Spa Cover on-line from Spa Cover Direct, a purported manufacturer of quality replacement spa covers.This firm stresses the need to adequately measure your spa to ensure that the new cover fits your spa.

They go so far as to providing a video demonstrating how to measure for your new spa cover. I ordered my spa cover from Spa Cover Direct on October 20, 2012 providing exact spa measurements of my spa, per their instructions. Upon delivery, I examined the new spa cover closely only to determine it measures exactly 96" in diameter. The issue I have, my spa is also exactly 96" in diameter and the cover doesn't fit.

upon reviewing Spa Cover Direct's website video, How to Measure a Round Spa Cover, I followed it's directions explicitly. As indicated, I measured the spa opening to be exactly 96" and typed 96" in the field marked Measurement A. In addition, I indicated in the Customer's Note: "My spa is an in-ground gunite, peeble-tech design with cantilever decking with a circular opening exactly 96". Now, I am not a rocket scientist by trade, nor am I an expert in designing and manufacturing spa covers as purported by your firm.

However, I am familiar with the basic laws of physics and will tell you a 96" cover will not adequately cover a 96" spa. I immediately contacted Spa Cover Direct only to be told it's my problem, go sell it on E-Bay and we will sell you another cover.

So, much for business integrity and customer satisfaction.Stay away from SPA Cover Direct

Had an Experience with Spa Cover Direct?

Comments

kinsale0353
Providence, Rhode Island, United States #584711

Spa Cover Direct has yet to step up and prove they are customer service oriented. WARNING - stay away from Spa Cover Direct. BBB of Southeastern Florida agrees, do not do business with Spa cover Direct.

to kinsale0353 Miami, Florida, United States #660481

In response to this complaint, the customer ordered a 96" cover, received a 96" cover, and completely admits it.The problem he had is that he DID NOT follow the very simple instructions to measure the OUTSIDE edge of the tub, basically, to provide us with the measurement of the cover he needs, and he provided the dimension of the hole of the tub that you actually get into.

Obviously the cover is not going to fit, it is now a float! The cover drops right into the tub. This is not our fault whatsoever, we stress all over our web site that we will make the cover to the dimensions that we are provided, which as he states himself, he received! We do not add or subtract a single inch, that would only backfire on our part.

Yes, we advised him to try and sell it on craigslist, this is only because we cared enough that he made the mistake of ordering the cover incorrectly and didn't want him to take a total loss. In fact, in alot of cases you can sell it for more than what was paid for it since our pricing is so low as compared to retail outlets. 96" is 96", no matter how you look at it. I fhis tub was actually 96", the cover would have fit just fine.

He was only trying to get out of paying for the next larger size, which after 96", the prices go up as it is considered an oversized cover. We have no way of knowing if the measurement he provided was wrong, that is impossible unless we go out to every location and measure the tub ourselves. It is as simple as...

We offered to make another cover at a VERY discounted price but instead he felt we should eat the wrong cover and make a new one for free. We are not in the business to make wrong covers and make a corrected one at a loss. If you have any questions regarding this complaint, feel free to call us at 954-925-3455. We will be glad to walk you through the ordering process from beginning to end.

The videos he commented on also shows in very simple terms on how to make your measurements.It's sad that some can't follow simple instructions or try to get something for nothing.

Spa Cover Direct

kinsale0353
to Spa Cover Direct #660552

Again, you continue to demonstrate your lack of physics which relates to your inability to provide a credible product.In your retort you instruct, follow the very simple instructions to measure the OUTSIDE edge of the tub, basically, to provide us with the measurement of the cover he needs, and he provided the dimension of the hole of the tub that you actually get into.

Obviously the cover is not going to fit, it is now a float! The cover drops right into the tub. Tell me, what is the difference between the OUTSIDE edge of the tub and the dimension of the hole of the tub? I provided you the dimension / outside edge measurement of the tub at 96", per YOUR direction.

You failed to understand YOUR OWN INSTRUCTIONS and shipped me an incorrectly sized spa cover. You continue to deny your mistake and refuse to provide any customer satisfaction. As for not wanting to pay the added cost of an over sized cover, at $695.00 your cover was the most expensive on the net. Having received no satisfaction from you, I contacted Solis Spa Covers at (866)460-4537 and ordered a new cover for $399.00 much less than the $695.00 charged by Spa Cover Direct.

Furthermore, Solis Spa Covers provided a significantly better quality spa cover and they provide a pleasurable experience. As for Spa Cover Direct, avoid the headache and added cost, call Solis.

I see that 38 individuals have viewed this complaint, what is the cost to Spa Cover Direct if just one of these...